Cilantro French Toast Sandwich Recipe
May 27, 2015
How are you? I am writing a recipe after a long time now. As lately, I have mostly been cooking normal meals without much innovation. Though these days, I am eating some amazing cuisines. In fact, I got an idea for Cilantro French Toast Sandwich Recipe on my trip to a local American Deli 2 days back. The one that the deli served was so heavy and full of maple syrup, eggs etc. I thought of an healthier version and made it at home today. Fortunately, it turned out yumm
Ingredient for Cilantro French Toast Sandwich Recipe
Makes 2 Sandwiches
1. 2 raw eggs
2. Pinch of salt and chili powder
3. 1/4 tbsp ginger paste
4. 1 chopped green chili
5. 1/2 sliced onion and tomato
6. Handful of cleaned Cilantro leaves
7. 4 Multi grain bread slices
8. 1 tbsp butter
Method of preparing Cilantro French Toast Sandwich
1. Whisk two eggs for about 5 to 8 mins.
2. Add salt, chili powder, ginger paste, green chili, cilantro leaves to it.
3. Whisk again for 2 to 3 mins.
4. Place a skillet on flame. Apply 1/2 tbsp butter to the center of the skilet.
5. Dip the bread pieces in the egg batter and place them over the butter area of the skillet.
6. Neatly, pour some batter over the bread slices. Toast the bread on both the sides. Once it turns brown means french toasts are ready.
7. Put sliced onion and tomato in between the two french toasted slices to make a Cilantro French Toast Sandwich.