How to make Coconut Ladoo with Agave
August 26, 2014
Hiya everyone, My Mister Allen loves sweets. So I made these coconut ladoos for him. It is a very simple recipe. I used agave instead of sugar. May be agave is the reason that these looks brown in color. Anyways, they turned out very tasty. He liked the taste. I thought atleast some milk, nuts and coconut will go inside his body which are far better than his bourbon biscuits. Ohh yes it is made out of only these 3 ingredients plus some agave and cardamom. Here goes the ingredients with the exact measure .. Ingredients:
- 1-1/4 cup coconut freshly grated or frozen.
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Boil the milk and coconut in heavy bottom pan over medium high heat, do stir occasionally.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and cook for 25-30 minutes, until all the moisture is absorbed and coconut is thick and creamy consistency.
- Add sugar and cardamom to the coconut and cook for 7-8 minutes stir continuously, until all the moisture is absorbed. Coconut mix will be thick and crumbly in consistency. Turn off the heat.
4. Place the coconut mix on the plate and let it cool of to the room temperature.
5. To make the ladoos, take about 2 tablespoons of coconut mixture into your palm. Gently press to form a smooth, round ball. Adjust the size of ladoo as you prefer.
6. Ladoos are ready to be served; you can refrigerate them for about two week. But it is always good not to make in bulk and store . As then you know what will happen daily after dinner . Best is to make fresh in small quantity
7. And I had put cross sectionally cut pecans and almonds on the top the ladoo to add some more taste and good looks
I louvvee ladoos. I took this recipe from HERE