Mixed Vegetable Cutlet Recipe
October 27, 2014
Yesterday, I met some friends who told me that they feel very hungry in the evening when they are back from office. They also grudge that they reach out to big cups of coffee 2-3 times in a day esp whenever they have mid meal hunger pangs. There is no problem with coffee. So it will be unfair of us if we blame our weight gain on coffee.
The problem is not with drinking 1 or 2 cups of coffee or tea in a day but it is with the snacks which we eat with those cuppas. Really! When we are out we have a small muffin/cookie with coffee and when we are at home we have namkeens/biscuits with coffee. There you go!! Wise is to either have snacks or coffee at a time and that too snack should not be muffins or cookies but something more nutritious.
So these days, on the blog, I am noting down all the quick quick, healthy snacks that I prepare in my daily life. Today is the turn of the mommy’s good old recipe of vegetable cutlets, made in half a table spoon of oil. here goes the recipe…
Ingredients of Mixed Vegetable Cutlet Recipe
Makes 5 cutlets
1. Half medium sized Boiled Potato mashed
2. 1/4th cualiflower grated. Add some salt to it. Leave it for 5 minutes. It will leave water behind. Squeeze it to remove all the water.
3. 1/2 medium sized onion chopped finely
4. 20 gms fresh home made cottage cheese
5. 2 tbsp oil
6. 2 slices of multigrain bread
7. Salt, chili powder to taste
8. Half spoon anise seeds(ajwain), cumin seeds(jeera)
9. 1 green chili finely chopped
Method to make Mixed Vegetable Cutlet
1. Put a pan on flame. After it gets warm. Spread 1 tbsp of oil on it.
2. Prepare the cutlets by mashing and mixing all the ingredients together except the oil. Make small round bowls/dumplings out of this mixture.
3. Put these bowls on the warm pan with oil and cook these dumplings on both the sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Put 1 tbsp oil from above the cutlets. Press them with a ladle and again cook them both sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add curd and chutney to your cutlets and enjoy
Please share pics if you try these recipes.