Tomato Soup Recipe
July 23, 2015
How are you doing? You must be wondering where had I gone? I am really sorry for writing after a huge break. I am so super tied up these days, with my new venture; RedGhagra . It needs loads of hard work. Let us see! And then I also injured my ankle 3 months back. So I am in kind of a different phase of life altogether. Startup and injury management are such a hassle. I tell you! Sometimes it becomes a week of 3 to 4 hours of sleep per day and sometimes there is no time for food!
But howsoever busy or injured I am, I am never missing my breakfast and early dinners and am always cooking them at home ( leaving weekends may be) and am always doing some or the other form of workout, which is also supportive for my injury. Mostly yoga to the rescue
Anyways, just to fade away my guilt of not being able to write regularly on the blogs, I thought to myself that I will try to share as many new recipes of heathy cooking that I keep trying now and then.
Kind of try to get back the happy food and fitness blogger on!:)
So today, I am sharing a very simple tomato soup recipe. It was a busy day, had meeting since morning and as soon as I reached home both mister and I started working on some ideas so it got really late for the dinner time. And since we are both a sucker for home cooked food so we thought of making light tomato soup at home and add some cottage cheese cubes to it to make it filling.
Here goes the recipe
Ingredient for Tomato Soup Recipe
1. 4 big plum tomatoes. cut into 4 halves
2. half tea spoon salt
3. 1/4 tea spoon sugar
4. 1/2 tea spoon butter
5. Thin cubes of fresh cottage cheese
6. pinch of pepper
Method of Tomato Soup Recipe
1. Pressure cook all the tomatoes in 4 cups of water. After 2 or 3 whistles, remove cooker from gas and leave the cooker as it is for the stuff inside it to cool down. say 20 mins.
2. After 20 mins, transfer everything into a food processor and mix everything to obtain tomato pulp.
3. Pressure sieve this pulp to remove the thicker part from the soupy part.
4. Boil this soupy part. Add salt, pepper, butter and sugar to it. Boil it for about 15 to 20 mins. And the soup is ready.
5. Add fresh cottage cheese cubes to the soup and serve.
Cottage cheese is a good replacement to bread crumbs. It also makes the soup more filling. Good for late night dinners
How have you all been? Let’s talk please. I am missing you