Vegetable Brown Rice with a hint of Chinese Flavor
August 19, 2014
A quick recipe, a random experiment. It was ready in under 15 minutes. Added a little of soya sauce, chili sauce and vinegar to bring a hint of Chinese flavor.
It could be good to shut up the craving for chow mein Here goes the recipe..
Pick up whichever veggies you have available at home onion, tomato, capsicum, broccoli, sweet corns, cottage cheese, cauliflower etc.
1. I used onion, sweet corns, cottage cheese, and these cutie cherry tomatoes that I got from the farmer’s market. I cut all the veggies longitudinally into thin pieces.
2. 1 tbsp oil. I used home made desi ghee (clarified butter)
3. 1 tbsp cumin seeds.
4. half tea spoon each of soya sauce, chili sauce and vinegar.
5. Salt and Black pepper to taste.
6. Boiled brown rice. 4 bowls
Procedure to make Vegetable Brown Rice
1. In a pan, put 1 tbsp oil and let it heat. Then add cumin seeds to it.
2. Once the cumin seeds are sauted. Add all the veggies together to to the tempering.
3. Add the sauces and salt and pepper. And then stir everything for 4-5 minutes till all the veggies are cooked.
4. Now add brown rice to it and stir all the things together. Stir stir for 2-3 minutes on a light flame.
Abhishek said that it smelled like biryani and tasted very chinese :D. He loved it!
Loads of Love