Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese and Spinach Wrap
January 11, 2015
This wrap is a easy to cook, filling and healthy meal. It needs a few preparations from before, but it is very simple to cook. Here goes the recipe..
Ingredients to make Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese and Spinach Wrap
Makes 2 wraps
1. 125 gms cottage cheese. Mashed cottage cheese. Mash it with fingers.
2. 250 gms of spinach. Boiled spinach. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Add some salt and turmeric to the cooker while pressure cooking.
3. 1 chopped onion
4. 1/2 tbsp anise seeds(ajwain)
5. 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
6. salt, chili powder to taste
7. 1/4 tbsp turmeric
8. 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
9. 1/4 tbsp garam masala
10. 1/4 tbsp mango powder(amchur)
11. 1/4 tbsp hing powder(asafoetida)
12. Freshly made Wheat chapati
Method to make Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese and Spinach Wrap
1. In a pan, heat olive oil.
2. When the oil is warm, add anise seeds to it. After 1/2 min, add asafoetida to it. After 1/2 min, add turmeric to it.
3. After 1/2 min, add onion to it. And caramelize the onion.
4. When the onion gets brown, add spinach and cottage cheese and all the spices except garam masala and mango powder. Mix everything, cover the pan with a lid and keep it on low-medium flame.
5. After 2 to 3 mins, remove the pan and stir the curry. Do it again after 2- 3 minutes.
The cottage cheese, spinach mix is ready. Sprinkle mango powder and garam masala from above and mix everything.
6. Wrap this mix in a whole wheat chapati..
Tadaa the yummy Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese and Spinach Wrap is ready :))
How do you like the recipe?