Whole Wheat Flat Bread Desserts
December 26, 2014
This Christmas was very exciting. I made one amazing friend. Almost like a soul sister. And mom in law and husband cooked amazing recipes today. moms are definitely super cook, who are always full of creative cooking ideas. My mom in law made this absolutely yummy and creative dessert today. I loved it so much that I had to stop myself half way while eating this dessert so that I can click it’s picture . Must try! The recipe is…
Ingredients of Flat Bread Desserts
makes 2 desserts
1. 1 Simple Barfi/milk cake
2. Kneaded Dough to make flat bread(paranthas)
Procedure to make Flat Bread Desserts
1 Making the Dough
Mix 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, salt and 1/4 cup water together to make a soft dough (add water as needed). Knead the dough for about 2 minutes on a lightly greased surface to make soft, smooth and pliable dough.
Set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest for at least ten minutes.
2. Crumble the barfi.
3. Make a small ball from the dough. Roll one part of the dough into a three inch circle. Place one fist of crumbled barfi on this circle. To wrap, pull the edges of the rolled dough together to cover the filling.
4. Heat an iron skillet or heavy skillet on medium high heat.
5. Press the filled ball lightly on both sides on a surface covered with dry whole wheat flour. Keep the sealed side of the filled ball on top. Roll the ball with a light hand into 6” circles. When the dough sticks to the rolling pin or rolling surface, lightly dust with dry flour.
6. Place rolled paratha/flat bread on the skillet. After a few seconds, the paratha/flat bread will start to change color and puff up. Flip the paratha/flat bread over. You will notice some golden-brown spots on it.
7. After a few seconds, spread one teaspoon of oil over the paratha/flat bread. Flip the paratha again and lightly press the puffed areas with a
spatula. Flip again and press with the spatula making sure the parathas/flat bread are golden-brown on both sides.
8. Repeat for the remaining paratha/flat bread. Cool the paratha/flat bread on a wire rack so they don’t get soggy.
Basically make a bharva parantha
Hope you guys like it.